The Low Income Energy Assistance Program provides for a one-time assistance to help eligible families pay their heating bills.
A household that applies must:
- Meet income guidelines
- Have reserves at or below $2,200
- Be responsible for its heating bills in the month of October
- Contain a US citizen or an eligible alien with proof of legal citizenship
A household that applies must provide the following information:
- Proof of all income for everyone in the household for the month of October (e.g. pay stubs, social security payments, self-employment income, etc).
- Copy of primary heating bill (i.e. electricity, natural or propane gas, fuel oil, etc).
- Proof of cash-on-hand, savings and checking on October 31.
- Proof of assets such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds on October 31.
- Social Security numbers and dates of birth for everyone in the household.
Please contact the Adult Services Line at 704-920-1400 for questions regarding the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.