Qualifications & Appointments
- Must be a registered voter
- Must be a resident of the county in which the precinct is located
- Must not be an elected government official or a manager or treasurer for any candidate or political party.
Precinct Officials can be recommended by the political parties and are appointed by Cabarrus County Board of Elections for a two-year term beginning in August of odd-numbered years.
- The CHIEF JUDGE is the head official and is in charge of Election Day activities, as well as, picking up and returning Election Day supplies.
- The JUDGES work closely with the Chief Judge and are responsible for conducting the election in the Chief Judge’s absence. They must sign all official documents and serve on a panel to resolve any challenges.
- The ASSISTANTS serve when needed and at the discretion and direction of the Chief Judge.
- RESERVE ASSISTANTS attend training seminars and are available to go to any precinct and work on election day if needed.
- ONE STOP Workers work during the two and half week period prior to an election when early voting is being conducted.
All officials are required to attend training sessions conducted by the Board of Elections prior to each major primary and general election. On-line training is now available to all officials from the State Board of Elections and how-to information will be provided to those interested.
* The Chief Judge pay includes a $20 Supply Pick up and Return
Mail: PO Box 1315, Concord, NC 28026-1315
In Person: 369 Church St. N, Concord, NC 28025